People always want to know the secrets to losing weight fast, there are many different methods for losing weight quickly but the most important thing is keeping the weight off. It is best to lose weight in a way that is sustainable, this will give the best chance at being successful. If you are constantly hungry or feel deprived, this is just setting yourself up to fail and then start bingeing.
A great way to lose weight fast is to ensure that you eat fat burning foods, these are foods that speed up the metabolism and in turn help you to lose weight. You need to incorporate fat burning foods into a healthy diet, and for optimal results you should do some exercise, even if that is brisk walking for 20- 30 minutes 3 times per week.
Below I have listed some of the top fat burning foods that you can incorporate into a healthy eating plan:
- Milk/ low fat dairy are often mentioned as fat burning foods, I looked at the benefits of low fat dairy in depth in my post “10 Things You Need to Know About Losing Weight“. Calcium acts as a metabolic trigger and it encourages weight loss. Milk is a good source of complex carbohydrate which also boosts your metabolism by keeping your insulin levels from rising after a meal. High insulin levels encourage the body to hold onto fat.
- Whole Grain Cereals are a great source of complex carbohydrates and fiber. They keep you full for longer as they are harder to digest and give you more chance of not picking at unhealthy foods in between meals. Having a bowl of whole grain cereal in the morning with either semi skimmed milk or a low fat yoghurt is a great way to start the day with 2 fat burning foods.
- Oats are a great source of fiver and as porridge is typically eaten in the morning and made with milk, it is again a great combination of 2 fat burning foods. When the U.S. Navy studied the eating habits and metabolisms of some of its personnel, it found that eating breakfast helped raise the men’s metabolisms by up to 10 percent.
- Chillies contain a chemical called capsaicin, which not only gives peppers their pungent flavor but speeds up the heart rate and boosts the metabolism. Chillies are full of vitamins and they also add a lot of flavour to dinners. It is best not to consume more than 2 per day as they can sometimes cause heartburn.
- Green Tea People have been drinking green tea for many years. You can enjoy it hot or cold and it is a great alternative to sugary drinks. Green tea has high amounts of catechin and polyphenols, which give your body a small boost in burning up calories. Catechins appear to prevent absorption of fat and to stabilise glucose levels in the body.
- Chicken is surprisingly on the list as a fat burning food, which is good because it is something that many people eat numerous times a week. AOL reports that Danish Researchers found that men who substituted protein for one fifth of their daily carbs increased the number of calories they burned each day by up to five percent. This is excellent news.
- Pork is a great source of protein for the same reasons as chicken, it is high in protein. With pork it is important to ensure that you get lean cuts and cut away any visible fat. Fatty cuts of pork would defeat the purpose.
It is possible to lose weight fast without going on the latest fad diet you just need to pay attention to your food choices and ensure that you are never hungry. Always carry fruit (fresh or dried), handfuls of nuts, a banana, or low fat yoghurt with you. Losing weight is a life choice and with the right amount of determination and advice it can be achieved and more importantly maintained. The BBC has an excellent artice “Need to Lose Weight?” which offers practical advice and tips around losing weight.
I hope that the above list of foods has let you know that you can eat more than salad and veg when on a diet. No food group has to be completely abandoned you just need to have them in moderation, ne more active and set yourself achievable goals.